Friday, August 23, 2013

Freelance Writer Now Revived: Why Not Showing in Google & Bing Results?

When I first started writing here at blogger, it lacked many of the tools, I needed. Therefore, I created self-hosted Movable Type and WordPress websites such as Wireless and Mobile News and Freelance Writer Now. I'm back on Blogger in the hope that someone out there can help with a perplexing dilemma.

At one point Freelance Writer Now showed up on the first page of Google search results, when someone searched for the term "freelance writer, Los Angeles."

It's interesting to see what happened to both websites in the six years, since I founded Wireless and Mobile News.


At one point after three years of working, writing 5 to 10 posts a day, Wireless and Mobile News offering came up on the first page of Google search results, as well as one of the top sources on Google News. I paid off my debt and kept updating content, looking at the pages on the top of Google and trying to produce similar content.

After the Google Panda Update,  both websites have steadily declined.  I have done nothing wrong. I have followed Google Webmaster guidelines. Both websites load in record time and have page speed scores as high as 93 or 94.

It has been a very confusing and baffling time. I was especially upset when stolen content from Wireless and Mobile News for an entire year ranked higher than the original content when we searched for the title.

So, I am starting over again with with Freelance Writer Now.  I'm trying to figure out how Google and Bing ranked the websites.

Yesterday, I noticed when I searched on the term "How to Write an Infographic," there are no articles indexed on either Google or Bing. The reason why I wrote "How to Write an Infogrpahic." was because I couldn't find an article on the topic.

When I searched both Google and Bing to find that the article was not indexed and did not show up in results.


After I published the article, I posted it to by Google+ account.

Both Google and Bing are aware of the sitemaps for Freelance Writer Now. I checked in each Webmaster tools.



Even when I tried to search "How to Write an Infographic"(in quotes) both search engines did not show the article in its results!

WTF?

On the other hand, I often search for things and find Blogger as a top result.

I'm going to catalog, what happened after I publish this post on Blogger and see what happens.

I find it very strange in all of search theory if you search for an exact title, you should get an exact title match.

People can search all they want on the term infograpchic and I really don't care.  However, since I wrote on fabulous title "How to Write and Infographic," it should show up somewhere results.

Perhaps, low ranking sites don't show up in results at all. Or maybe there's some kind of weird bug where certain search results cancel each other out?

I've been writing about technology for 20 years.  I have stellar credits. In fact, I even wrote an infographic of my skills.
 



There seems to be black hole on the web where all my writing is falling and being turned into dark matter....

If you have an suggestions or solutions, please let me know via comments or direct communication.  You are welcome to call 626-921-NEWS, too.

While we are at. Will someone P-L-E-A-S-E tell my why when I search in an incognito window in Firefox on Google the term "Freelance Writer Now" the name, Freelance Writer Now does not appear until # 5?  The website has been live since 2003 and a brand new website with no information at all comes up first.

Google, if you are wondering why Yahoo had more visitors than Google for the first time according to comScore. Here's your answer.
At least Bing after its ads does show Freelance Writer Now as the first result.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have come across better blog writers who are capable of holding the attention of their readers. You can check out some really awesome blogs at www.zopthemes.com. As I can clearly make out your amateurish content, you can brush up your writing skills with the help of good blogging tips at www.zopaudios.com , Freelance Jobs online. Hey…no personal feelings. Just wanted to help.